SP Diagnostics - Innovators & Manufacturers of Automotive Diagnostics
SP Diagnostics designs and manufactures, products and services for the automotive industry and aftermarket.
We have over 100 years worth of combined experience in development, design and manufacture of automotive products, as a team we have worked on a complete range of products, both for the aftermarket and OEM customers. See our product history
History our team:
- Members of our team were brought together as the company ASD (Auto Service Diagnostics) in Melksham, Wiltshire by Sykes-Pickavant to develop electronic service tools that complemented their range of handtools.
- Later Sykes-Pickavant brought the ASD company under its own umbrella to become SP Diagnostics and SP Technology.
- Sykes-Pickavant was taken over by Facom Tools and the R&D team also started to develop products under the Facom brand.
- Stanley Tools then took over the Facom business and unfortunately no longer required the diagnostics side of the business. The Sykes-Pickavant brand was sold which kept the brand alive, at the time key members of the diagnostics team kept in touch and were brought back in to the Sykes-Pickavant brand to reform and support the diagnostics side of the business.
- The R and D side of the business has been sold to SP Diagnostics and now operates completely independently of Sykes-Pickavant, with the aim to grow, improve and expand the automotive & diagnostic offering. SP Diagnostics continues to support existing Sykes-Pickavant diagnostics customers.
Our team has continued to be located in Wiltshire not far from the original site in Melksham.
We support, develop, design and manufacture products at our R&D centre based in the South West of England in Wiltshire, UK
In house facilities:
- Software and hardware development
- Custom design of enclosures
- Manufacturing and testing
- Technical support & service of products
At SP Diagnostics we feel it is important to support UK based businesses, both as customers and suppliers.
SP Diagnostics are here to innovate in the automotive diagnostic field, by supporting and listening to our customers and providing technology based solutions to ensure their business is efficient and profitable.
For more information please contact us